Sunday, August 18, 2013

The Weekend

Well, this blog seems to focus mainly just on cancer. But my life isn't just about cancer. Not by any stretch of the imagination! I actually probably cram more into life every day than I did before I was diagnosed. Now, it seems that life may more finite than I imagined. (In reality, life is finite for all of us! And only God knows when He'll call each of us home so the logic is suspect, but nevertheless, there it is!) I tend to cram my weekends and holidays as full as I can get them with as much fun as possible!

The Dallas Arboretum

Yesterday, my best friend from the 4th grade, Patti, and I spent the day together. Patti came to pick me up and off we went to the Dallas Arboretum. We attended a breakfast for new members and then we wandered through the gardens until it got too warm.

Speaking of which ... we have been blessed with very cool weather in mid-August in Dallas, TX. Highs have been in the low 90's with lows in the 60's. Unheard of around here where August usually brings us highs in the 100's and lows in the mid-80's.

I didn't take my good camera with me, but had my little point and shoot. Always. It rides in my purse! Just in case I need it. (Unfortunately, I can't always get it out quickly enough to capture what I want to preserve. Like the day when I was going to work and a rat came running out of plants on the median of the road. By the time I got the camera pulled out, he had run back into the plants...)

Here are a few of the pictures that were taken:























 We really had a good time together. We always do. Laughing and carrying on ... life is fun when we're out and about.

I love the Arboretum too - lots of water features, beautiful flowers and landscaping, interesting people to watch... I am really glad we joined. Don't the pictures just make you smile? The quality isn't great - my little "purse camera" leaves a bit to be desired - by you can get the gist of some of what we saw!


Shopping with the Grandkids

Sunday afternoon was spent shopping with my daughter-in-law and grandkids. It is time to buy new school clothes! I arrived at Kohl's where Sara and the kids were already shopping. My youngest grandson is Jonah, who turned 4 in May. He came running to give me a hug ... and then said, "But Grandma!!! I wanted you to bring your camera with you!!!" Lucky for him, I had my purse camera!!! Fully recharged!



















Jonah is 4 and goes to daycare. Jimmy is six and is entering first grade, while Jonathan is 11 and going into middle school. WHAT???? When did my babies grow up ... middle school already??? Incredible!!!

Don't you just suppose that other people who were shopping at Kohls today thought I was a crazy old woman? I can honestly say that I do not believe I have ever seen anyone following a bunch of kids around with their point-and-shoot camera at the ready!! :)  But, that's okay! The kids love to have their picture taken and I love looking back at them!

Do you notice a common theme? We were there for school clothes shopping but most of the pictures were taken in the toy section!! The kids begged for toys while their mom was deciding what they would be wearing to school when it starts in a couple of weeks.

Jonah was the cutest. He asked if he could have some toys. I told him no because we were there to buy school clothes today. (Outfitting three boys is expensive!!! There was no more money for toys!) Jonah was not satisfied with that response. After all, he told me, he isn't in school yet so he could spend his money on toys instead of clothes!!








No comments:

Post a Comment