Saturday, December 6, 2014

Two-Year Anniversary

Two years ago, accompanied by my mom and my husband, I arrived at Texas Oncology at Presbyterian Hospital  (currently of ebola fame) to begin chemo treatments. I wore my agility shirt that said, "It's about the journey. " I had no idea what to expect, but one thing I did know was that I was beginning the journey of and for my life.

I will be honest. I didn't expect to live a year, much less two years from the start of chemo. I watched my dad die in 6 months after being diagnosed with lung cancer. Stats said I wasn't likely to live. I planned to face the end of my life with laughter, humor, dignity ... but I fully expected to lose the battle within a year of diagnosis.

Instead, Praise God!, today, two years after my first chemo treatment, my Sheltie Barney and I were at agility lessons, preparing to compete at the December  Run as One trial in Terrell on December 13-14. Could life be any better?

No comments:

Post a Comment